The Programs table is a system table. It does not contain any applicant-sprecific information. It houses all the possible combinations of mapped programs from the source systems (Apply Yourself, and non-AY school admissions systems) to the relevant Division, Degree, Major and Concentration codes used by the Student Records system.
Common Usage examples
- Find applicants to a specific program, using SRS codes (by joining from ga_application to ga_programs on program key).
- Used by the Fine Grain Access Control (FGAC) rules to control access to data by program.
||Indexed Data Elements
SCHOOL, DEGREE, PROGRAM, DECISION, SRS_DIVISION,
SRS DEGREE, SRS_MAJOR, SRS_SCHOOL
- Some of the older historical data are mapped to programs that are not valid SRS program combinations.
- There are multiple rows in the GA_PROGRAMS table for many progams. The PROGRAM_KEY does not define a unique SRS Division,Degree,Major,Concentration; instead, it defines a unique School,Degree,Program,Concentration combination coming from the source system.
PROGRAM_KEY 530 is for the following data coming from AY:
school='SPP', degree='MSW', program = 'MSW/Master in City Planning', concentration = '.'
PROGRAM_KEY 533 is for the following coming from AY:
school='SPP', degree='MSW', program = 'MSW/Master of Science in Social Policy'. concentration = '.'
Both of these keys map to the following SRS codes: school = 'SW' , division = 'SW', degree = 'MSW' , major = 'SWRK', concentration is null.
- Data are extracted nightly from Apply Yourself and loaded to the school staging tables, and from there a process moves all application data to the ga_applications table. For schools who do not use Apply Yourself, datasets are batch uploaded to the warehouse at the school's discretion, stored in the school staging tables, and from there a process moves all application data for all applicants to the ga_application table. Authorized school administratorsidentify what SRS Divisions, SRS Degrees, SRS Majors and SRS Concentration their programs should map to, using a webapp (Admissions Supplement).
Questions about this page? Email us at email@example.com