This table contains all actions and appointments associated with faculty and academic support staff. There may be multiple records per person. Each action is a separate record in the table.
Viewing the action history for a faculty member.
||Indexed Data Elements
- Some actions do not go through PSC or PSCS (academic support staff positions).
- Actions are of many types - not all fields are required for all action types.
- In order to find current actions, be sure to look carefully at (and perhaps sort by) the dates (appt_start_date, appt_approved_end_date, and others) associated with the acctions.
- The faculty name columns in FIS_ACTION store name elements (prefix, first, middle, last, suffix) as they were displayed for a particular action; these values may change over time. To find the current name for a faculty member who has no Penn ID, join to FIS_FACULTY; for faculty members with Penn ID, join to EMPLOYEE_GENERAL.
- The TENURE_STATUS, TENURE_STATUS_DATE and TENURE_PROBATION_DATE fields in the FIS_ACTION table contain the most tenure information applicable to a particular action for a faculty member. For the most currently available tenure information for that faculty member, refer to the similarly named columns in the FIS_FACULTY table.
Questions about this page? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Information Systems and Computing|
University of Pennsylvania
Information Systems and Computing, University of Pennsylvania