Contains records of distributions from external sources for employees/roles as defined in PennWorks.There may be multiple rows per employee in effect at one time.
To determine the external source(s) from which an employee is to be paid for a specific role or roles, per the PennWorks
||Indexed Data Elements
- An external distribution is a payment to an employee from a source other than University of Pennsylvania Payroll system. This payment offsets Penn's compensation commitment, and may be the sole source of an individuals payments, or may be combined with distributions from University sources. Refer to the COMP_DISTRIBUTION table for records of employee distributions from University of Pennsylvania Payroll system.
- An employee may have several external distribution records active at the same time. External distribution records are distinguished in COMP_DISTRIBUTION_EXT by the Comp_Person_Role_ID, Ext_Distribution_Start_Date, Ext_Distribution_Stop_Date and Ext_Distribution_Source.
- Unlike Penn-paid distributions, external distributions in PennWorks do not have a record state. But, since users may choose to delete external distributions from PennWorks, those records are retained in the Warehouse for historical reporting with an Ext_Dsitribution_State of 'X'.
snapshots of distribution information are available in the COMP_DISTRIBUTION_EXT_SNAP
table, beginning with the NOV-09 period.
- You can access a COMP_DISTRIBUTION_EXT row only if you are authorized to access data for the employee's home center or organization, the role center or organization, or a current joint organization for the employee.
- The COMP_DISTRIBUTION_EXT table can be found in the DWCOMP schema.
Questions about this page? Email us at email@example.com
|Information Systems and Computing|
University of Pennsylvania
Information Systems and Computing, University of Pennsylvania