Provides home mailing addresses for employees. Each record has an ADDRESS_TYPE.
Retrieving the current or permanent (if available) addresses for employees. Selecting employees by geographic location.
||Indexed Data Elements
- COMP_PERSON_ADDRESS contains the latest available address data for the employees whose records are managed in PennWorks, which came into use on November 1, 2009. For individuals with Payroll records as of that date, matching address information appears in both DWCOMP.COMP_PERSON_ADDRESS and DWADMIN.EMPLOYEE_ADDRESS. (PennWorks data is fed to the mainframe Payroll system for Payroll processing. After that processing, the address data is fed from the Payroll system to the EMPLOYEE_ADDRESS table.) Note: the EMPLOYEE_ADDRESS table includes employees who had Payroll records on or after July 1, 1996. For employees with Payroll records prior to October 2009, biographic/demographic data is available in the EMPLOYEE_ADDRESS table only.
- The current address is "current" only in the
sense that it is what PennWorks listed as the current address in the most recent
record available for that employee. It is not necessarily true that this employee's
record even exists in the PennWorks system any more. Use Employment_Status in
the COMP_PERSON table to select desired employees.
- Permanent addresses (ADDRESS_TYPE = 'P') are usually used for employees whose permanent address differs from their current one (e.g., students, foreign residents). Although permanent addresses may also be available for other employees who have updated this information themselves, or asked their Business Administrator to do so, there is no requirement that the field be populated, and so some employees may only have a current address (ADDRESS_TYPE = 'C') available.
- You can access a COMP_PERSON row only if you are authorized to access
data for the employee's home center or organization, or a current joint organization for the employee.
- For on-campus contact information (such as mail code and work phone), refer
to the COMP_PERSON table.
- The COMP_PERSON_ADDRESS table can be found in the DWCOMP schema.
Questions about this page? Email us at email@example.com
|Information Systems and Computing|
University of Pennsylvania
Information Systems and Computing, University of Pennsylvania