Provides home mailing addresses for employees. Each record has an ADDRESS_TYPE.
The table includes addresses for employees who have been purged from Payroll.
Retrieving the current or permanent (if available) addresses for employees. Selecting employees by geographic location.
||Indexed Data Elements
- The EMPLOYEE_ADDRESS table contains the latest available address data for the employees paid via the Penn Payroll system. For individuals with Payroll records as of November 1, 2009, when PennWorks came into use, matching address information appears in both DWCOMP.COMP_PERSON_ADDRESS and DWADMIN.EMPLOYEE_ADDRESS. (PennWorks data is fed to the mainframe Payroll system for Payroll processing. After that processing, the address data is fed from the Payroll system to the EMPLOYEE_ADDRESS table.) Note: the EMPLOYEE_ADDRESS table includes employees who had Payroll records on or after July 1, 1996. For employees with Payroll records prior to October 2009, address data is available in the EMPLOYEE_ADDRESS table only.
- An address is "current" only in the
sense that it is what Payroll listed as the current address in the most recent
record available for that employee. It is not necessarily true that this employee's
record even exists in the Payroll system any more. Use Employment_Status in
the EMPLOYEE table to select desired employees.
- Permanent addresses (ADDRESS_TYPE = 'P') are usually used for employees whose permanent address differs from their current one (e.g., students, foreign residents). Although permanent addresses may also be available for other employees who have updated this information themselves, or asked their Business Administrator to do so, Payroll does not require that the field be populated, and so some employees may only have a current address (ADDRESS_TYPE = 'C') available.
- You can access an EMPLOYEE_ADDRESS row only if you are authorized to access
data for the employee's home school or organization. Access to SSN is further restricted to specifically authorized individuals.
- For on-campus contact information (such as mail code and work phone), refer
to the EMPLOYEE table.
- Use of 5-character Payroll department codes and 2-character Payroll school
codes was phased out at the end of June 1998, when the Payroll system became
fully compliant with the present General Ledger accounting structure. These
columns should be null for all records from fiscal year 1999 onward; in these
records, refer to Dept_Org and School_Ctr columns instead.
- The EMPLOYEE_ADDRESS table can be found in the DWADMIN schema, as DWADMIN.EMPLOYEE_ADDRESS_V.
Questions about this page? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Information Systems and Computing|
University of Pennsylvania
Information Systems and Computing, University of Pennsylvania