This lesson should take about 30 minutes to complete. After completing
this lesson, you should be able to identify the the Business Object's
universe that depicts the Salary Management Data Collection and identify
the tables that make up the RSALMGT Universe.
Lesson 2. Salary Management Data Diagrams
Read the document "Data Diagrams," and then
complete Activity 2. (Once you've completed the reading, use your browser's
back button to return to this lesson.)
Display the RSALMGT diagram
and become familiar with the context of this diagram. (After viewing the
diagram, use your browser's back button to return to this lesson). After
viewing the diagram, please answer the following questions:
- What is the join criteria between the EMPLOYEE_GENERAL table and the
- What financial information does the RSALMGT universe allow you to
- Name the major tables and views that make up the RSALMGT universe.
- What is the join criteria between the EMPLOYEE_JOB table and the EMPLOYEE_DISTRIBUTION
- What is the join criteria between COMP_PERSON_ROLE and COMP_DISTRIBUTION_EXT? and
Activity 2 Answers
- PENN_ID = PENN_ID
- The RSALMGT Universe provides access to employee biographical, job/role,
distribution, encumbrance and payment data.
- EMPLOYEE, EMPLOYEE_GENERAL, MAIL_CODE, EMPLOYEE_ADDRESS, COUNTRY_CODE,
JOB_CLASS_GENERAL, EMPLOYEE_DISTRIBUTION, EMPLOYEE_JOB, JOB_CLASS, EMPLOYEE_ENCUMBRANCE,
EMPLOYEE_ENCUMBRANCE_CURRENT, EMPLOYEE_PAYMENT, EMPLOYEE_PAYMENT_SUMMARY, COMP_PERSON, COMP_PERSON_ADDRESS, COMP_PERSON_ROLE, COMP_PERSON_DISTRIBUTION, COMP_PERSON_DISTRIBUTION_EXT, COMP_PERSON_SALARY, COMP_PERSON_SALARY_SUMMARY, PAR_MAIN, PAR_EARNINGS.
- PENN_ID = PENN_ID and JOB_SEQUENCE_NUMBER = JOB_SEQUENCE_NUMBER
Lesson 1. Security, Etiquette, and Ethics
Lesson 3. Table and Data Element Documentation
Lesson 4. Questions to Ask Before Writing a Salary
Lesson 5. Evaluating Query Results
Lesson 6. Getting Salary Management Help