Contains the change history of an individual's payroll record, from record
creation through individual element changes, with old and new values by element.
Tracking historical changes in employee records in the Payroll system.
||Indexed Data Elements
- The PAYROLL_CHANGE_LOG table contains a history of changes made to employee biographical/demographic, job, and distribution data via the Penn Payroll system. For individuals with Payroll records as of November 1, 2009, when PennWorks came into use, similar change history, for record maintainance performed using the PennWorks system, appears in DWCOMP.COMP_CHANGE_LOG. (PennWorks data is fed to the mainframe Payroll system for Payroll processing. After that processing, the audit trail of Payroll transactions is fed to the DWADMIN.PAYROLL_CHANGE_LOG table.) Note: the PAYROLL_CHANGE_LOG table includes a change history since April 1999. For employees with Payroll records prior to October 2009, change log data appears in PAYROLL_CHANGE_LOG only.
- Individuals must first have access to the Salary Management collection
in order to be authorized to view the PAYROLL_CHANGE_LOG tables. Users of
the data may then only see records that their access level permits, based
- The PAYROLL_CHANGE_LOG table is updated nightly, Monday - Friday. A weekly
update checks the access levels (01-10) for each element and updates
them if necessary.
- Use of 5-character Payroll department codes and 2-character Payroll school
codes was phased out at the end of June 1998, when the Payroll system became
fully compliant with the present General Ledger accounting structure. These
columns should be null for all records from fiscal year 1999 onward; in these
records, refer to Dept_Org and School_Ctr columns instead.
- The PAYROLL_CHANGE_LOG table can be found in the DWADMIN schema, as PAYROLL_CHANGE_LOG_V
Questions about this page? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Information Systems and Computing|
University of Pennsylvania
Information Systems and Computing, University of Pennsylvania