Guidelines for Sharing Queries/Reports
If you would like to contribute queries (also called 'corporate reports') to the shared repository, or have questions about sharing queries, please contact Data Administration. You may also share queries/reports with other users. In preparing a query for the repository, please follow these guidelines:
- Use prompts with your conditions/query filters to keep the query as generic as possible, and to take advantage of the Data Warehouse built-in security. (For example, COA Org = [prompt], rather than a hard-coded value.)
- Purge the data from your query before sending, so that others will not be able to see your confidential data.
- Prepare some brief accompanying documentation for your query so that Data Administration can make it generally available. Some helpful information might be
- suggested use,
- any special timing issues or cautions,
- a list of all result objects and conditions, and
- the logic for any report variables.
Please suggest a source for verification of results, if possible.