Table - Data Element Index . Tables
and Data Elements . Student
Data Home . Data Warehouse Home
INTERNAL COURSE EQUIVALENT Table
An internal course equivalent is the Penn course granted as credit towards
a Penn degree pursual because of its equivalence to academic work completed
at another institution, commonly referred to as Transfer Credit and/or Advanced
Placement credit. (Note: AP credit always uses Institution Code 1).
- Getting a breakdown of the transfer credits a student has recorded in the
DEGREE_PURSUAL_ALL_V table. ("How many of this student's transfer credits
counted as Penn math courses?")
- Finding people with AP credit from a specific cohort ("How many graduating
seniors received AP credit when they matriculated?")
||Indexed Data Elements
|SSN, DP_LINK_ID, INSTITUTION, SEQUENCE_NUMBER
||DEGREE, DIVISION, INSTITUTION,TERM
- Course_Id may be null, in which case the specified credit is not equivalent
to a particular Penn course section but is equivalent instead to Penn credit
- Term is entered in the format YYT (and not YYYYT). For example, when you
might elsewhere have a condition for term = '2008C', in this table, use '08C'.
Also, while term is supposed to reflect the term in which the student was
given the equivalency credit, this is sometimes mistakenly entered as the
term in which the student took the course (at the transferring institution).
Term, therefore, is not a reliable column to use in your conditions.
- For AP credits, the grade is actually the numeric AP test score.
- For AP credits, the external course number is actually the numeric code
representing the AP test number.
- SSN is not visable to most queries and users. Use PennID for identification
of individuals in this table. Joins in the Business Objects universes are
done on PennID, instead of SSN.
Questions about this page? Email us at email@example.com