Remote Access (Continued)
- FY ‘00 costs will be approximately $1M. This represents 15-20% of total central service expenses or $1.50 - 2.30 per billed IP address per month.
- Indirectly charge schools, centers and UPHS for faculty, staff and student usage. Billing would be annual and charged equally to all users regardless of usage.
- Given the large subsidy for the general fee for student remote access, the credit back to wallplate or IP address paying customers is small.
- A school with 3,000 IP addresses would get a credit of $72,000 annually.
- Suppose they authorized 2,000 remote access users at $50/year, their cost would be $120,000.
- If charge students directly, political issue because of technology fee.