Network Infrastructure Upgrades
- More modems (variable limits)
- More reliable and more robust service machines (ISC operates 30 servers)
- Installed a few Fast Ethernet links to buildings
- Upgraded, more reliable, robust central routing core
- Longer hours of staffed coverage for network infrastructure.
- Fifty-100Mb links to buildings by July, 2000
- 100Mb desktop connections offered in Fall 1999
- 100Mb building backbones
- Tier 1 Internet connectivity by July, 1999
- Upgraded Internet2 connection by May, 1999
- Staffed Network coverage M -F, 6AM to 9PM by Fall, 1999
- Plan for distributing routing core by July, 1999
- 2 - 3 core locations with single mode fiber linking routers by July, 2000.