Internet Service (Continued)
- More reliable local loop from UUnet and shadow local loop at no additional cost.
- Increasing 21 Mbps to 45 Mbps from DCANET by 11/1/2000.
- Co-location plans at 401 N. Broad. Moving external router there.
- Purchase connectivity from low-cost, high bandwidth provider at 401 N. Broad.
- Getting quotes for OC3 (155 Mbps) in lieu of one of our DS3s (45 Mbps)
- Getting quotes for fiber link from Penn to 401 N. Broad.
- Will begin experimenting with Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM).
- Approaching $1M annually in FY 2001 including equipment and staff
- Expecting at least 25% increase in FY 2002