Next Generation PennNet/Distributing the Routing Core (Continued)
- Replace one existing Network Aggregation Point (NAP) with 5 new NAPs.
- Build mini-computer rooms to house data, voice, and video servers.
- Link NAPs with single-mode fiber.
- Redo conduits from all going to College Hall to 1/5 going to each NAP.
- New single-mode fiber going to each building.
Strategy/Plans (FY 2001)
- Build conduit/fiber to 3401 Walnut, Franklin Building, VPL
- Design 3 future NAPS
- Design all conduit for entire project.
- Build conduit/fiber to 3 buildings in Vagelos region.