Next Generation PennNet/Distributing the Routing Core (Continued)
Strategy/Plans (FY 2002-05)
- Build 3 NAPS
- Build all NAP conduit/install all interNAP fiber
- Install all NAP routers, servers
- $15M for computer rooms, routers, single-mode fiber, new conduits, etc.
Sources of Funding
- $837K of allocated monies
- $500K from Telecommunications contribution starting in FY 2003.
- $250K from general fee for College House upgrades.
- Internal loans of nearly $5M paid back using 15 year depreciation schedule on conduit/fiber.