MAGPI - How Far To Go?
Goals (Wide Area Connectivity)
- Run GigaPoP to gain experience with Internet2 research efforts like quality of service, seek national exposure and recognition, generate revenue and attract and retain staff.
- Selling service to Lehigh. Drexel dropped our service recently to obtain their own connection to Internet2.
- Aggressively marketing Internet/Internet2 services to area institutions.
- Potential partnership with HUBS developing.
- Moving router that supports this connection to 401N. Broad. This should position us to sell more Internet2 service and possibly generate monies by brokering Internet services to other universities. (Temple, TJU, etc.)
- Reduces costs by having fewer local loops coming back to Penn.