Challenge Six: Campus Backbone Upgrade
- Stay ahead of bandwidth demands for interbuilding and on-campus backbone. Move 10 Mbps subnets to 100 Mbps (Fast Ethernet).
- Increase total number of Fast Ethernet building uplinks to 100 by 6/30/2002.
- Provide continued support for existing building entrance equipment.
- Continue to plan and provide for redundant links to key buildings.
- There currently are 180 building entrance devices (10 or 100 Mbps) connecting to router ports.
- Thus far we have upgraded approximately 120.
- In order to adhere to a four-year replacement cycle on building entrance equipment, at least 60 must be purchased and installed by June, 2004.