Campus Backbone Upgrade (Continued)
- $600k in both FY2003 and FY2004. Approximately $600k a year as a continued operational expense with a four year replacement cycle.
- There still are 27 buildings with some coax wiring.
- To effectively upgrade building entrance equipment, this coax must be upgraded to CAT5+ cable.
- Although N&T has partially subsidized this wiring upgrade, the bulk of the expense is on the user ($500-600 per outlet).
- There are 354 billable coax ports (could equate to 1000 outlets).