Challenge Seven: Routing Core Upgrade
- Bring new NAP location at Vagelos Labs on line and install first distributed router.
- Bring new co-location site at 401 N. Broad on line.
- Install new high-speed router at 401 N. Broad for Internet and Internet2 connectivity.
- Update Routing Core backbone to Gigabit (1000 Mbps).
- Install high-speed Juniper routers in PennNet & MAGPI networks.
- Eliminate IXP traffic in effort toward a single protocol IP network.
- Vagelos NAP operational with 2 Penn routers and 1 GigaPoP router.
- Co-location site at 401 N. Broad is operational with 1 GigaPoP router.
- Both sites and College Hall are equipped with high-speed routers.
- Routing of IPX protocol over PennNet backbone has been eliminated.