Routing Core Upgrade (Continued)
- Continue to gain expertise in Juniper routers.
- Consolidate the number of router ports in the core.
- Evaluate 10 Gig routers pending availability.
- Develop plan for capturing data necessary for bandwidth building.
- $350k a year for hardware purchases and hardware/software support.
- Equipment costs have increased with increase in feature sets, high-speed port density, and performance (redundancy and reliability).
- Distributing the routing core has made support more complex.