Next Generation PennNet (Continued)
- Vagelos Labs Network Aggregation Point (NAP) completed.
- Huntsman NAP designed; construction completion scheduled for the summer of 2002.
- Some strategic conduit installed during construction for other campus projects. (Locust Walk, Spruce Street, etc.)
- Redundant fiber & conduit links connected to both College Hall and Vagelos NAPs for 3401 Walnut, Franklin Building and VPL.
- Distributed router and redundant network servers operational using Storage Area Network technology.
- Law NAP in preliminary design stage.
- 15 buildings linked to Vagelos NAP.
- Evaluating need for Western NAP.
- Looking for Southern NAP.