Next Generation PennNet (Continued)
- Revised plan may increase useful life of multimode fiber by reducing fiber distance limitation.
- Due to sudden shift of funding (allocated monies for project) and difficulty in securing internal loans, decided to slow down project and use only operational monies.
- Build 4 or possibly 5 NAPs depending on outcome of analysis for Western NAP.
- Interconnect NAPs with single-mode fiber. (page 14)
- Reuse as much existing multi-mode fiber and conduit as possible for NAP to building uplinks.
- New conduit/fiber in NAP areas using single-mode fiber over longer implementation timeframe.