Wireless Infrastructure (Continued)
- Design issues: scale of installation to consider and whether/how to support long-lived sessions for actively mobile users.
- Technical issues: need for access control to PennNet and approaches to protecting sensitive information in transit.
- Financial issues: designing a business model for covering the deployment and ongoing operation costs.
- Timing issues: Deployment delays will encourage end-user deployment of low-end wireless gear, in turn causing
- Increased radio interference
- Challenges in larger deployment that come later
- Inadvertent policy violations around IP address registration
- Outsource? We could consider a low-bandwidth service provider solution. Most likely company, Metricom, has gone out of business.