Additional AAA Development and Penn Community (Continued)
- Develop a people database (“Penn Community”) that includes:
- a collection and identification mechanism for faculty, staff, students and other University affiliates
- Process of distributing PINs used in creation of kerberos principles
- Base level of authorization data based upon bio/demo and affiliation information
- Supplement Penn Community database with the ability to maintain lists of users who are allowed to access particular applications and services (Access Control Lists or ACLs).
- Provide a standard and scalable mechanism that can be used to require user authentication before connecting over wireless LANs.