Bandwidth Billing Option (IP Address) (Continued)
- Network usage would theoretically be billed out fairly.
- Must build costly infrastructure (routers, computers and networks) to do this. Some companies, like Apogee, once net flow data is captured, can package this information into individual bills.
- We estimate at least a $300k one time cost to purchase hardware and write software to capture the net flow data.
- We estimate a $300k a year cost to process data, turn it into readable files and deal with billing inquiries.
- There is, in addition, a tremendous opportunity cost to do this hardware/software development effort.