Updated Assumptions (Continued)
This may be difficult.
- After the contract expires in July 2005, Telecommunications services costs from Verizon are likely to increase.
- Aging Telecommunications and Video infrastructure.
- Aging Telecommunications equipment.
- With the financial shake-up in Telecommunications, we may see a decrease in competition and therefore higher rates.
- Possible increase in long distance rates.
- Moving towards VoIP may help, but a serious investment is necessary to upgrade Penn to new infrastructure and equipment including telephones.