Due to loss of allocated monies and unlikelihood of securing ($5-8M) of internal loans, NGP strategy revised in FY2002.
- Build all NAPs
- Redundantly link all NAPs
- Link buildings in area with existing fiber
- Link buildings in area with new fiber as higher connectivity speeds are required.
- Once steps 1-3 are done above, severe outages will be reduced from 1-2 weeks to 1-2 days.
- Can fund out of operating budget at $800-900k per year for next 5 years.
- Can we stay ahead of demand curve for higher speeds?
- Major areas of campus remain at risk until FY2005.