If all assumptions are accurate, then total N&T expenses must stay nearly flat from FY2003-07. This may not be realizable.
- Telecommunications services costs from Verizon are likely to increase when the contract expires.
- Aging Telecommunications and Video infrastructure.
- Aging Telecommunications equipment.
- With the financial shake-up in the Telecommunications industry, we may see a decrease in competition and therefore higher rates.
- Moving towards VoIP may help, but an investment is necessary to upgrade to new infrastructure and equipment including telephones.