Installations and Activations
Station Wiring History
- Costs have increased as a result of merger of high-voltage (local 1448) and low-voltage (local 98) unions.
- Costs have increased due to following industry standards.
- Using CAT5 or CAT5e cable
- Using quality blocks, faceplates, jumpers
- Pulling and termination techniques/practices.
- Testing of highest speeds possible.
- Following all old and new fire protection procedures.
- In many cases, wire pulled in 1993 is still operational.
- CAT5/5e cable capable of 100 or possibly 1000 Mbps.
- Thus far, Penn has avoided the need to pull fiber to the desktop.