Apriori Implementation Team - Minutes
March 19, 1996 (1:30 - 3:30)

Attending: Emily Corse, Mike Dettinger, Mike Kearney, Katie McGee, Kristin
Nelson, Tony Olejnik, Lila Shapiro,


- task #2 skeleton
- process chart: ISC remote access to PennNet
- process outline:  CRC walk-in support

Meeting Summary:

We discussed two processes: ISC remote access to PennNet and  CRC walk-in
support.  We began brainstorming discussion of task #2 skeleton, which has
a due date of 3/25/96.


- Will we complete task #2 skeleton by due date; if so, how?


- LS will install Apriori 2.1
- team will submit ideas of possible "cost items" to apteam

Meeting Details:


- MD will attend implementation training 3/20-3/3/22.

Old Business

Project Plan update -
EC has upgraded MS Project to version 4.0 on her desktop machine.  She will
be attending Project training next week.

2.1 install update -
LS has new version on CD-ROM and plans to re-install it 3/20.

Client data status -
KM reports that we should have no trouble getting this data from the
PennCard database or from whois when we're ready for it, probably within
the next couple of months.  Jeanne Curtis has raised issues about whether
we'll want to port address data or simply do whois lookups when needed.

New Business

- process review:  remote access to PennNet (by MD and TO)
  General note that "routing" step is not clearly defined.

- brainstorming: Task #2 Skeleton

  - Major tasks (very high level and estimated timeline
We've already listed major tasks in an earlier draft of our pilot
description.  We can't identify timelines until we've got a realistic
project plan.

  - Prospective team members.  Staffing assumptions and restraints.
The core team has been identified, but others will need to be involved.  At
this point, we're assuming that SAS and ISC are donating the significant
staff time of the core team.

  - Anticipated approach to funding the pilot.  Include open issues.
We should all think of cost items and send notes to apteam.  Examples
include the cost of the server and the potential costs of commercial
knowledge bases.  We'll record anticipated cost items but leave blank the
question of who will pay for them.  Some will be implementation costs,
others will be ongoing maintenance costs.  Raise the question of cost
recovery models:  allocated, service bureau, etc.

  -What barriers are you seeing at this stage?
TO:  Some current processes aren't well documented or complete.  Should we
invest the time now to redefine processes?
KM:  At least some tweaking of processes will be sensible to do now.
EC:  Lack of hands-on experience with sw package.  Unknown issues such as
desktop connectivity.
LS:  Time and cost necessary for implementation.
KN:  We're working in the current model to implement a system for the
proposed model.

  -Specific allies you will pursue--and how?
MK:  We've done this part.

  -What marketing and education will you do?
KM:  After pilot's success, we'll demo it to interested units.
MK:  We'll be informing interested units during the pilot.
TO:  Trial accounts, train-the-trainer.
MK:  Web pages.
KN:  We need a list of "friends" who can be contacted directly, as well as
the web pages for all.

  -What are the two most striking lessons you've learned so far?
MK:  1) The importance of continuity in staff and 2) the relationship
between the pilot and the model vs. the implementation and ongoing
KN&LS:  The vision of the new model seems hazy.
KM:  Many business processes are currently complex and difficult.  Customer
expectations are wide and varied.
TO:  Good cross-divisional cooperation.

  -What specific things would like to share with (or learn from) other pilots?
  -Are there other issues of information you'd like to raise at this stage?
Ran out of time for discussion.

- process review:  CRC walk-in support (by KN)

Next Meeting

Tuesday, March 26, 1996.
EC will be out on training.
MD will report on Apriori training.

Minutes recorded by Emily Corse.  Please notify of any changes.